Thursday, April 26, 2007

Return to Southern Mississippi


Earlier this month, business took me back to a client that I visited three years ago in Pascagoula, Mississippi. Naturarlly, a lot has happened since then, namely the ravages of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. This trip would give me the opportunity to observe first hand the state of recovery of the stricken area. I was both astounded and encouraged by what I saw.

Over the next couple of weeks I hope to portray some of what I saw during my time there. Unfortunately, the scale of much of what I saw was impossible to capture in mere photographs, but I gave it my best.

We start on arrival at Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport. The entire passenger terminal was under reconstruction at the time, although I am not certain that it was entirely due to hurricane damage. While airport infrastructure was heavily damaged during the storm, I can say from experience that the airport was probably due for renovations anyway.


Technorati tags: , , , ,

1 astute observations :

  1. Aesthetic said...

    Should be interesting R.