Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Tribute To Mother

Before blogs, or even the internet, chances are Robert Scoble would be well known within his community.  Even if he wasn't an evangelist for Microsoft, Robert would be the first to tell you that the web enabled the blogosphere which has lead to an infinitely larger community.  A tragic event has caused Robert to look back in the past, evaluate the present, and comtemplate the future.  It is not difficult for me to relate to what he is feeling; I have taken a very similar journey.

Please read what Robert has to say. 

Scobleizer - Microsoft Geek Blogger

As I looked around my mom's house this morning I realized that I got many of my values from her. The biggest thing in her home is a huge picture of the Statue of Liberty. This is no mistake. My mom loved her freedom. She wanted to live life the way she wanted to, damn the consequences. It's why we drifted apart. I didn't get her community. She didn't get mine. Although we both respected each other's community (as I've learned this week, cause she was always bragging about me to her friends).


Technorati Tags: , ,

0 astute observations :