Friday, February 08, 2008

Getting Out On A Sheet


The ice is at least six inches thick, probably more. Locals drive their trucks onto the ice just to place their shacks. Yet I can't shake the image of my lifeless corpse being dredged from the bottom come spring time, so for that silly reason I step lightly across the ice.

Just about anything will pass for an ice shack, as long as it blocks the wind and you can cut a hole in the ice through the floor. Every once in a while I give some thought to taking up the hobby, but until the day comes when I can pick up a wi-fi signal on the ice, I'll just take pictures of shacks.

Lake Willmar, Willmar, Minnesota.
Technorati tags: , , ,

1 astute observations :

  1. lillipilli said...

    It makes me laugh, but I'd so want to do it if I had the opportunity.