Monday, September 11, 2006

KMKE Gate E-66 9-11-06


The door opens, and the business travelers jump up like Pavlov's dogs. Another Monday, outbound for another client visit. Today was Bangor, Maine for me.

I suppose the people who flew with me today were all thinking about the terrible anniversary in one way or another.

I don't consider myself a good enough writer to put all of my thoughts and opinions into words. Suffice to say I have a wide range of views and emotions about that day and the five years since. My thoughts do turn to the families of the victims and those who have perished in the actions since then. It's not at all clear right now, but I have to think that some good will eventually come from all this. Or maybe I'm confused.

As for me, I do what I can to make flying enjoyable. And since I am grounded in the math and the science and the statistics of it all, I know that nothing the fearmongers say can shake my faith in the safety record of the air transit industry. Indeed, in a chaotic world, it can be the absolute safest place to be.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

1 astute observations :

  1. Aesthetic said...

    Rich, that is one very healthy attitude you have toward flying.