Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Perrine Memorial Bridge


Twin Falls, Idaho. From the archives, April 2004.

The Perrine Memorial Bridge over the Snake River Canyon marks
the northern entrance to Twin Falls, Idaho. At 1500 feet in
length, the longest span bridge in the United States' west stands 486 feet above the Snake River.

The Bridge has particular significance for B.A.S.E jumpers as it is possible to jump there every day of the year, legally. With an excellent landing area and the services of a boat crew to retrieve you after each jump, it's B.A.S.E jumping paradise and the perfect place to learn.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

3 astute observations :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Amazing ! would be great to get a photo of a jumper.

  2. Aesthetic said...

    Great shot Rich!

  3. richmanwisco said...

    On a later trip to Twin Falls, I went back to the bridge and observed some jumpers heading out to do a jump. So I figured I'd drive over to the other side where it was easier to see. They set up a little platform, and I thought this would make some great shots. Then I waited. And waited. And waited. I finally had to leave to catch my flight in Boise, so I never got my shot.