Friday, December 02, 2005

Scene of the Annapolis Fire

One week ago, a section of downtown Annapolis fell victim to a five alarm fire. Yesterday I was able to have a look at the damage. The building in the middle is a total loss, while the flanking buildings may yet be saved. Also while I was in Annapolis, President Bush delivered a speech at the U.S. Naval Academy (just a few blocks from here). It was very interesting to be at the scene of events that are reported around the country. It gives you a bit of a sense of attachment, the ability to say, "I was there."

4 astute observations :

  1. Bored Housewife said...

    I hadn't heard about that fire; how sad! Downtown Annapolis is so beautiful, I hope they get it repaired soon. Gorgeous shots of the city, too.

  2. richmanwisco said...

    Thank you very much Lisa, and please be sure to visit often :).

  3. Bored Housewife said...

    Did you catch my photographer joke the other day? (I'm terribly proud of myself, so pretend you like it) Your profile picture reminded me of it...I said, "I realize that I sort of ended up focusing on the negative (although, frankly, I don't of any other way to develop a picture)..." Wucka-wucka-wucka. I have given up on the idea of having a darkroom in my house since I only manage to take good pictures on my digital. With film I'm always afraid to waste it. Silly, I know.

  4. richmanwisco said...

    Another frustrated photographer! Glad to see I'm in good company. There's a Canon EOS sitting in the closet because it's far cheaper and much more fun to push the limits when the only damage you do is to electrons. :)