Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Precarious State Of NASA

Phil Plait laments over the submitted 5-year budget for NASA.

Some readers may wonder why I put so much attention on science matters. I guess there are several reasons. First and foremost, it's my blog and I'll post what I want. I am a scientist by education (but not by profession), and I have been fascinated since I was a child about all things astrophysical. Next, I feel there are some members of my treasured audience that aren't much exposed to things like this and this is a way for them to broaden their horizons just a little more (not that they're not broad already, any reader of this blog is a very smart person). But also important is seeing just how passionate these professionals are in doing what they can in the name of furthering our knowledge. These people are the direct descendants of the explorers of old, and our fascination with expanding our horizons is the primary trait that separates us from every other species on this planet. There you have it.

Bad Astronomy Blog - Blog Archive - An Open Letter to NASA

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 astute observations :